Monday, January 21, 2008

Tidepool -- McClure's Beach


Went hiking on Saturday out at Point Reyes. We hiked a good chunk of the Tomales Point Trail, which was lovely, as always. It was a gorgeous, calm, sunshiny day. Perfect for being on a trail up above the ocean. Then, we swung down to McClure's beach for some rock-hopping and beachcombing. I love the tidepools there, but I have yet to see any actual animals in them. Maybe it's not right sort of rock for starfish and the like to cling to, or maybe I just haven't been there at low enough tide. As you can see above, the tidepools are lovely, in any case. And the beach is great for beachcombing (like I need to add more rocks to my collection!). They allow bonfires there, too, and I think I'm going to need to take advantage of that some day very soon.

No comments: