Tuesday, January 15, 2008

. . . and then some of the steers began to mount each other.

Reason # 1,256,743 I love love love NPR? Because while I was stuck in the traffic of DOOM on my way home from work last night, they played a story that featured the line " . . . and then some of the steers began to mount each other." And the newscaster said it without even a hint of a giggle. How is that even POSSIBLE? If I'd been drinking anything, I'd've snarfed it out of my nose at that point.

Here's a link to the full story on NPR: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18079768

(The back story is that Chrysler decided to go a little insane for the launch of the new Ram pickup truck at the Detroit auto show this year and imported 120 longhorn cattle to the streets of Detroit. They had cowboys, too, to herd the cattle. Of course. And the steer started mounting each other just as the company president was giving his speech about the new truck. Today I'm SO proud to be from Detroit!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.