Friday, January 18, 2008

Sometimes life is like a moldy orange

You dig into the peel, expecting sunshine-y goodness, and instead you get icky black mold. Mmm. Lovely image, right? I was really looking forward to that orange, too . . .

In any case, I think I may have fallen out of love with my job. The job that I was so excited to take on, and that I've loved for so long. Either that, or I've developed adult ADD. I just can't seem to focus and get engaged with anything I'm working on anymore. And I can't figure out if that's me or if it's the work. I have been banging my head against the same damn lesson plan for three days now and I just can't seem to break through. How the heck do I get past this???

I didn't get a real vacation over the holidays, and in retrospect, I think that was a mistake. Anyone want to pack up and move to Fiji with me for a few months? You can make a living as a beach bum, right?

No comments: