Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Things that make me happy on yet ANOTHER rainy day

1. Papaya. The bright orange, strawberry-tasting kind, not the slightly less spectacular yellow variety. With a squeeze of lime. Yum. This makes me feel -- just a little -- like I'm back on vacation in Hawaii, gorging myself on papayas just picked out of Miss Akiko's tropical garden for breakfast. (Other than, you know, the dismal gray skies outside my window and the complete and utter lack of rainbows.) I tried to take a picture of the lovely papaya I had for breakfast this morning. But, alas, my camera must not like papaya as much as I do. Every picture came out looking, well, disgusting. Like some horrible toxic fungus thing you might see on the 6 o'clock news. Yum.

2. My new rain jacket. Have I mentioned this jacket? It cost me way more than I EVER spend on a single item of clothing. Like twice as much. Seriously. I could have bought like 2 outfits at Target for how much this rain jacket cost me. But a miserably soaking wet hike in Oregon over Christmas, in which I pretended really hard to be not quite as cold and soaked and miserable as I was, convinced me that it was time to just suck it up and lay down the cash. And get this, it actually KEEPS OUT THE RAIN. Unlike the cheapo Gap piece of crap I'd been wearing since I was 17. And did I mention that the new jacket is periwinkle and sky blue and a even little bit glow-y and really, really pretty? And it has a hood with a cute little brim to keep the rain off my face. And, even more importantly, off my glasses. Glasses wearers of the world, I'm sure you'll agree with me that anything that keeps your glasses dry in the rain, thus saving you the trouble of searching frantically for some dry corner of something to mop them off with, is a wondrous thing.

3. My new Lypsyl lip balm that I got through Bzzagent. It has a dumb name, but that is totally made up for by the adorable little bumblebee slider on the side. You slide the bee up to make the lip balm rise up in the tube. The only thing that would make it better would be if it made a buzzing sound when you push the bee. I have a few more free samples, if anyone wants a bumblebee lip balm of their very own. (Sorry, you can't see the bumblebee slider in the picture I linked to. You'll just have to take my word that I didn't make it up).

4. Cheesecake. Is there anything that can't be made better with a slice of cheesecake? Because I really can't think of anything right now.

No comments: