1. The Chia Obama. You have no idea how much I want one of these. (Tho' it actually looks NOTHING like him. And there are some mighty pissed off reviewers on Amazon - it's "racist," apparently, because it grows a big green afro. Uhhh . . . that seems a little . . . overly sensitive.)
2. Some much-needed rain (finally!)
3. Looking out my office window at fingers of fog creeping down the hills near work.
4. The scent of California in winter: wood smoke, damp eucalyptus, and citrus fruit.
5. The little kissy noise you make to get a cat's attention.
6. The cidery smell of apples left too long on the tree.