Monday, January 19, 2009

Daily Dose of Gratitude #3

Today is a difficult day for me for feeling gratitude, but that's sort of the point of this whole thing, right? To find the good even when you feel whiny and miserable and would rather just stay in bed all day?

1. Varieties of citrus fruit I'd never heard of before moving to California, all piled up in bins at the farmer's market -- Blood oranges, Cara Cara oranges, Meyer Lemons, Pommelos, Mandarin oranges with their waxy leaves still attached . . .

2. Finishing the knitted hat I've been working on, and it's just as soft and lovely as I'd hoped it would be.

3. Reminding myself "Every time the universe closes a door, it opens a window." (Dear Universe: Please open that window soon. Love, Chris)

4. Ginger-scented lip balm.

5. Watching a co-worker's daughter light up when I gave her an advance copy of a book by an author she loves.

No comments: