Hurrah for a new beginning in D.C. ! Here are the things I am most grateful for today:
1. Elizabeth Alexander's inaugural poem.
2. Petaluma market employee making fresh-squeezed orange juice in the sunny alley behind the store, the scent of oranges on the breeze.
3. A new Indian restaurant, a 5 minute walk from my front door, and the anticipation of trying it for the first time.
4. A good friend who shows up at your house after you've had a lousy few days, bringing red wine, knitting, and gossip.
5. Actually caring about the inauguration, the new president, and politics for the first time in forever.