1. The thinnest sliver of moon hanging low in the dusky sky.
2. Papayas with lime squeezed over them (reminds me of vacation in Hawaii).
3. Realizing that plane tickets to the place you've been dreaming of traveling for ages are actually half the price you thought they were (Now I just have to get up the guts to visit a place where the only thing I know how to say in the language is "una cerveza, por favor." That's another beer, please, for those of you who know even less Spanish than I do. And I'm not even sure I spelled it right.)
4. Woodford Reserve and Vernors gingerale, with lots of heart-shaped ice cubes from my cheezy Ikea ice cube tray.
5. An appointment for the traditional, cathartic, post-breakup haircut.