Monday, February 9, 2009

Daily Dose of Gratitude #24

1. A sleepy kitty in the afternoon sun.

2. Paperclips.

3. Half Sour pickles. (Both for the brilliant green color and the delicious taste).

4. Spending the afternoon alternately dozing and editing work stuff in bed. Somehow work just seems less like work when you're doing it in your fuzzy flannel PJs. (Though the reason for being home all afternoon, not so good -- nasty migraine from the combo of the uber-bright lights the eye doctor uses to examine your eyes and then driving after my eyes had been dilated.)

5. Forcing myself to be grateful for the world around me, even when it's not easy.

Is it weird to be grateful for gratitude? I've started to post a few times about my thoughts about the experience of posting things I'm grateful for every day, but I can't quite figure out what it is I want to say. I guess just that going through a breakup is TOUGH and I've been crying a lot lately. A LOT. I miss D. far more than I ever expected to, since our breakup felt in the days and weeks leading up to it like such the right thing. But forcing myself to slow down and look for the good in every day has actually given me at least a few moments of reprieve on even the worst days. And for that, I am grateful. (I'd also be grateful if someone would please tell me that I'm cute, smart, funny, and generally a fabulous catch. And that, better yet, you know JUST the guy for me and you're gonna send him my way. :-) (uh, have I just guaranteed that lots of crazy dudes are going to come out of the woodwork and send me creepy emails?)

No comments: