Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Reasons Indiana is Scary, Part 1

So there was a massive 20-car pileup on I-94 near Michigan City, IN this morning. I've driven through there dozens of times, traveling between Michigan and Chicago and it is a crazy stretch of road when the weather's bad. It's pretty flat and in good condition, but because it runs right along the edge of Lake Michigan, when it's snowing, it progresses to white-out conditions ridiculously fast. When I lived in Chicago, I always hated doing the drive home to Michigan in the winter for that very reason. Amazingly enough, though a few people went to the hospital, there don't appear to have been any major injuries or deaths in the crash. Just one more reason to avoid Indiana like the plague, if you ask me! Nothing good has ever happened to me in that state :-)

No comments: