Tuesday, February 5, 2008

All 5 signs of clean, my ass

So the old apartment is clean and I am officially all moved out.

However, I would just like to say that Swiffer is full of hooey when they say on their website that you know your floors are clean after you've used their fake mop because you get "all 5 signs of clean." Unless, of course, the 5 signs of clean include nasty gobs of dirt and lint stuck to the floor after you've mopped. Yuck. (And yes, I did sweep the floors first. Multiple times. And I STILL had to do a go-over with a paper towel to get up the ick.)

Apparently, according to my friend K., to get your floors really clean, you actually have to get down on your hands and knees and scrub. This is what her mom taught her as a child. My mom, on the other hand, taught me . . . um . . . nothing about cleaning. And I'm okay with that. I like clean floors and all, but I'm not sure I like them anywhere near enough to crawl around on my hands and knees to get them. I guess it's a damn good thing I wasn't alive in the 50s, eh? I would have made a lousy June Cleaver.

No comments: