Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby steps

So this running thing is finally maybe starting to get easier. Yesterday, I actually enjoyed my run. And today, I was able to think about something other than how much I wanted it to be over as I was running. This is PROGRESS, people! I have started walking uphill for a few blocks to warm up, so I can then run downhill for the beginning of my run. That seems to get me warmed up better than what I was doing before. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still only going 2.5 miles or so at a pop, but I'm running more of it than walking. Baby steps.

The biggest problem at the moment is blisters. I've got one literally on every single to. What does that mean? Do I need new shoes? Do I have some kind of wonky stride? WTF?

Of course, any health benefit I'd be getting from running is probably completely counteracted by all the ice cream with strawberry jam and lemon curd I've been eating lately.

No comments: