Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daily Dose of Gratitude #67

1. Strong legs, strong lungs, and a strong heart.

2. Finally having reached the point where running 6+ miles isn't really that big of a deal. I'm not gasping for breath, my calves aren't painfully tight, and I can mostly just GO. (Now if only I could figure out how to prevent the hot spots and blisters!)

3. Grilled chicken with home-made Tzatziki sauce and quinoa for dinner. Yum!

4. Lake Merritt. This is where I've been doing my runs lately. Gorgeous. It's about a 1.5 mile run from my house, then exactly 5K (3.1 miles or so) around the lake, and another 1.5 miles home. Great after work loop. If I'm only up for a short run, I drive or ride my bike over there and just do the around-the-lake part.

5. The pride I still feel when I look at my race number from last weekend pinned on my bulletin board. :-)

No comments: