Saturday, February 10, 2007

Stand By

It's been a busy busy busy week, so all the lovely posts that I've created in my head have unfortunately gone un-posted. It's finally Saturday, but I must clean my house this morning. We've had a lot of rain this week (and I'm a messy cook), so the floors are filthy.

In any case, here's a quick tidbit from life on the ranch:

Did you know that baby sheep are born with long furry tails? They're very cute, actually.

Here's a link: The top sheep on the left is the kind we have (don't their heads look like fuzzy white yodas?) http://www.sheep101.info/tails.html


Unfortunately, as you'll see from the link, the lambs don't get to keep their cute tails -- they're "docked" to keep the sheep cleaner and prevent disease. This grosses me a out a bit. Especially now that I've learned that they do it is by tying a rubber band around the tail tightly enough that it atrophies and falls off. Yuck.

Hope no one was eating while they read this!

No comments: