1. Random late-breaking brilliant bursts fall color in Northern California (the first year I've been here that there's really been any color at all!)
2. The new (or, rather, beautifully refurbished) swimming pool on my way home from work, the Richmond Plunge.
3. My awesome running partners.
4. 23+ miles of running last week -- the most I've ever run in a week and with no pain!
5. The hundred plus kids' books (publisher's samples) I was able to donate to Children's Hospital Oakland last week. I'm glowing with the idea of sick kids having this huge stack of new books to choose from to keep them occupied in a hard time.